When is check-in time?
• Check-in time at Palm Island Marina is after 11:30am. Check-out time is 11:00am. Our hours are from 8:00am until 6:00pm seven days a week.
Where is Palm Island Marina located?
• We are located on the Intracoastal Waterway between markers 7 and 8. We are North of the island of Boca Grande and North of the Cape Haze “No Wake” zone. We are South of the Stump Pass inlet. We are located on the mainland (East) side of the Intracoastal Waterway.
What are the GPS coordinates of the marina?
• The GPS coordinates for Palm Island Marina are: 26.52.25N 82.18.63W
Is Rum Bay Restaurant a part of Palm Island Marina?
• Rum Bay Restaurant is part of Palm Island Resort and is located on the island of Palm Island (shown as Knight Island on navigational charts). Their phone number is (941) 697-0566. It is highly recommended to make reservations at the restaurant if you plan to bring over a large group on the ferry.
What are the hours of operation for the ferry to Rum Bay?
• The ferry to Rum Bay Restaurant runs from 12:00 noon until 6:00pm. It leaves the marina basin at the top of each hour and on the half of each hour during this time period.
Where is Johnny Leverocks located?
• Johnny Leverock’s Seafood House Restaurant is located in the Palm Island Marina transient dockage basin. Their phone number is (941) 698-6900. Leverock’s will take reservations for large groups and is also available for catering a meal for your group (either inside, or pool-side).
Is lodging available at the marina?
• There are room accommodations located next to the Palm Island Marina basin. Reservations for the rooms can be arranged through Palm Island Resort at (941) 697-4800. Palm Island Marina is a completely different business (i.e. not associated with) Palm Island Resort, so be sure to make your room reservations ahead of time. While making reservations, we suggest to pay for your room in advance. If you pay in advance, Palm Island Resort extends the courtesy of dropping off your room keys to the dockmaster’s office or leave them in the room in order to expedite your room check-in.
What kind of on-site amenities are offered?
• There is a pavilion beside the pool area available for use for your cruise members. In addition to the covered picnic tables, there is also a refrigerator, microwave, and propane BBQ grills. Your members are encouraged to use this area for any of your club’s functions, but we do request you let the dockmasters know of any planned activities your club may have so that we can reserve its use for your group.
Is there a place to purchase parts and supplies for our boats?
• Yes. Palm Island Marina has a complete service department and haul-out out facility. We are a Mercury/MerCruiser dealer, but we can work on any make of gas or diesel engine. Palm Island Marina has a parts department and whatever parts are not currently in stock we can have in our ship store usually in less than one day.
Is there a nearby golf course for those of us that want to tee it up?
• There are many golf courses located nearby Palm Island Marina. If your group has golf on their agenda, they can either take a taxi to the course or can be driven in Palm Island Marina’s courtesy car. If you intend to make use of the courtesy car, please let a dockmaster know your tee-time at least 24 hours in advance so we can be sure to have a driver on hand for your group.
Can we provision our boats easily from the marina?
•A grocery store (Publix) and liquor stores are located a short distance from Palm Island Marina. We would advise your club members to bring the provisions they need for your visit, however in the event a shopping trip is needed to re-supply, please contact a dockmaster to make arrangements for a ride to the store.
Is breakfast available for the early risers?
• There are, unfortunately, no breakfast restaurants on Palm Island Marina property. However, there are several within walking or riding distance. If a breakfast trip is desired, please advise the dockmaster by at least the evening before so we can be sure to have a driver available for the courtesy car in the morning.